A hiker’s paradise.
Discover the Swiss Alps from a unique perspective on a spectacular high-altitude hike on the Brienzer Rothorn.
Spectacular high-altitude hiking.
A high-altitude hike on the Brienzer Rothorn is a pleasure for hikers and railway enthusiasts alike. The Brienzer Rothorn can be reached from three sides by three different transport services or via a spectacular high-altitude hike. You decide which option to choose. The Rothorn (2,351 metres above sea level) offers a unique view of 693 mountain peaks, including the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, and the turquoise-blue Lake Brienz.
- Various species of the iconic Swiss “Edelweiss” flower bloom on the trail up to the summit
- Berghaus Rothorn Kulm mountain hotel, Gipfel-Restaurant Rothorn, Berghuis Schönbüel inn and Turren restaurant (booking required for the restaurants)
- Option: Brienz–Rothorn–Hike to Schönbüel/Turren–Lungern (or vice versa)
- Option: Sörenberg–Rothorn–Hike to Schönbüel/Turren–Lungern (or vice versa)
- Operating hours brb.ch; turren.ch; soerenberg.ch