Experience an unforgettable journey through Switzerland!
The GoldenPass Line is one of the most picturesque in Switzerland. It links the Lake Lucerne, which is the historic heart of Switzerland, to the Vaud Riviera. It has direct connections to both Geneva and Zurich airports.
The Luzern-Interlaken Express from Lucerne to Interlaken is part of the GoldenPass Line and connects the two beautiful cities Lucerne and Interlaken. Experience a unique journey over the Mount Brünig and be astonished by the lakes, the picturesque villages and all that surrounded by mountains.
New rolling stock.
In mid September 2009, Zentralbahn ordered four seven-car electric rack-and-adhesion train sets (ADLER) and six three-car electric rack-and-adhesion train sets (FINK) from Stadler Rail.
The ADLER are now running between Lucerne and Interlaken (Luzern-Interlaken Express) and offer you a handful advantages:
- Platform-level entry for comfortable boarding and alighting (also with luggage)
- Panoramic windows for the best views
- Air conditioning for a pleasant climate on board
- Infotainment systems
- Electric seat reservation systems in the ADLER
- Power sockets in 1st and 2nd class
- Ideal on-board dining in the ADLER Bistro
We wish you a very pleasant journey! Enjoy your travel in our brandnew trains.
- All Eurail- und Swiss-Passes are available in our Zentralbahn-trains.
- All GA- and half-fare Travelcards, which are purchased in Switzerland, are valid on the Zentralbahn-trains
- There is no seat reservation needed
- Seat reservations for CHF 8.-/seat can be made at any train station in Switzerland or via the Rail-Service (Fon +41 (0) 900 300 300, CHF 1.19/min from Swiss landlines). Rail Service, 24h Fon +41 (0) 900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min from Swiss landlines).